Our services and how to pay for them
We offer a variety of copying services as well as a research service if you are unable to visit us in person.
All copying is subject to Data Protection Act and copyright legislation. We will not scan or photocopy a document if doing so might cause damage to it, but in these circumstances it might be possible to photograph it instead. If you visit, you may use your own camera free of charge (subject to above restrictions)
All copying (including self-service photography) is at the Archivist's discretion.
When you have a document copied, you will have to print out a Licence Application and Copyright Declaration form, fill and sign it, and return it to us with your payment, specifying your choice of format (see below)
• B/W A4 photocopy or computer printout supplied by member of staff - 15 pence
• B/W A3 photocopy or computer printout supplied by member of staff - 30 pence
• Colour A4 photocopy or computer printout supplied by member of staff - 60 pence
• Colour A3 photocopy or computer printout supplied by member of staff - £1.20
• Photographs - £7.00 set-up fee and thereafter £2.00 per image (max. 20 images per order)
• Low resolution digital scan to email (PDF format)- £3.00 per image
• High resolution digital scan - £8.00 per image. The options are: .JPG of 300, 400 or 600 dpi (please specify), or .TIFF, resolution on request.
Please note that a .TIFF format image will be very large and will have to be posted on a CD-ROM.
• CD-ROM - £1
There will also be a charge for P&P (usually between £1.50 - £2.50)
If you have any questions we will be happy to explain the options more fully.
Our research service costs £21.00 per hour. Please note that the payment is for time spent on research; results are not guaranteed.
After we receive an enquiry, we will do the initial research free of charge; the above fee is payable for any follow-up. Please note that we are very busy and it may take us a while to respond to enquiries. We are unable to offer a priority/express research service.
Researching historic number plates
Please see our motor vehicle registration page.
Payment can be made by the following means:
- Credit/debit online through the Ceredigion County Council website then choose Online payments > Other > Archives > Research fee.
- Over the phone with a debit/credit card. Telephone the Customer Services Team on 01970 633006 or 01970 633007; please state that you are paying for archival research.
- Cheques payable to Ceredigion County Council (NOT the Archives!)
- Cash or stamps (sent at your own risk).
Our postal address can be found on the Contact page.
Talks and Lectures
If you would like to know more about the work of the Archives Service you might like a member of our staff to attend a meeting of your group or society.
Our staff are always happy to give talks and lectures, either at the venue of your choice or at the County Record Office.
Talks in both Welsh and English are available. Talks in English are given by Helen Palmer, Anna Skarzynska and Mair Humphreys, and talks in Welsh are given by Mair Humphreys.
Although we do not usually charge for giving talks or lectures within Ceredigion, we are very pleased to receive donations. We suggest a donation of £20.00 for small groups, and £30.00 - £40.00 for larger groups. However, we do appreciate that very small clubs and societies may have very small funds; don't let that stop you contacting us if you would like to hear about the work of the Archives Service.
Ceredigion Archives - preserving the past for the future