New documents are always arriving at the archives, and we're very pleased about that! If you have a document or collection you would like to deposit please
We have listed our new acquisitions below, and the list will be updated regularly. It takes us a while to get documents ready for the public, therefore you may not find the items on this page in the on-line collections. If you would like to know more about anything listed below please
Displaying latest 293 to 342 of 3191 records. Show all records
Llanbadarn bell appeal concert (Ref: ADX/1276)
Souvenir programme for the South Wales Male Choir, Millennium Bell Appeal Concert at Llanbardarn Fawr Church, 19 June 1999
Acc.No: 2907 Date of material: 1999 Extent: 1 file Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1276)
Rewiring of Swyddfa'r Sir (Ref: DYC/PL/10)
Proposed re-wiring of Swyddfa'r Sir, Aberystwyth - plans.
Acc.No: 2906 Date of material: 1988 Extent: 1 roll Access: Open Show catalogue(DYC/PL/10)
Charts and diagrams re Cardiganshire (Ref: ADX/1275)
Charts, diagrams and plans on tracing paper, illustrating population statistics, land use, plans of houses etc. in Cardiganshire, with special emphasis on the parishes of Troedyraur, Betws Ifan and Rhydlewis. These appear to be illustrations for a book or article. No date but the last census referred to is 1951.
Acc.No: 2905 Date of material: Extent: 1 roll Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1275)
Plans of Avondale, Aberystwyth (Ref: CDC/A/16)
Plans and sections of Avondale, Marine Terrace, Aberystwyth.
See also ARE/07/02-03
Acc.No: 2904 Date of material: 1954 Extent: 4 items Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Princess Street, Aberystwyth (Ref: ABM/HI/5/92)
Plans for a proposed development at Princess Street, Aberystwyth. This development was (inter alia) to involve the demolition of the Market Hall in St. James Square and its replacement with flats with 'market area on ground floor'
Acc.No: 2903 Date of material: 1970 Extent: 1 roll Access: Open Show catalogue(ABM)
North Road flats, Aberystwyth (Ref: ABM/HI/4/48/2; ABM/HI/5/85)
Building plans for North Road flats, Aberystwyth.
Acc.No: 2902 Date of material: 1970s Extent: 1 box Access: Open Show catalogue(ABM)
Dyfed-Powys Police Authority and Ceredigion Local Health Group (Ref: DYC/PL/1/5-10; POL/30; DPHA/1)
POL/30: Minutes and reports of Dyfed-Powys Police Authority
DPHA/1: Minutes and reports of Ceredigion Local Health Group and other public health bodies
DYC/PL/1/5-10: Dyfed County Structure Plans
Acc.No: 2901 Date of material: Extent: 0.081m^3 Access: Show catalogue(DYC/PL/1)
SAMs in Ceredigion (Ref: CDD/PL/10)
Map showing Scheduled Ancient Monuments in the north part of Dyfed (ie Ceredigion)
Acc.No: 2900 Date of material: 1991 Extent: 1 roll Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Tregaron Union 1st Ed. OS maps (Ref: CBG/TG/7)
Three volumes of 1st ed. 25'' OS maps covering the area of Tregaron Poor Law Union
Acc.No: 2899 Date of material: 19th c Extent: Access: Open Show catalogue(CBG)
Falcondale, plan of drainage (Ref: CDC/A/15)
Plan of pipe drainage at Falcondale mansion
Acc.No: 2898 Date of material: 1885 Extent: 0.028m^3 Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Aberystwyth Harbour (Ref: ABM/HI/5/93)
1. Plan: Aberystwyth Corporation Harbour
2. Plan of harbour area showing site of Isolation Hospital
3. Plan of proposed breakwater and quay
Acc.No: 2897 Date of material: 1903 Extent: 0.028m^3 Access: Open Show catalogue(ABM)
Cambrian News supplements (Ref: ADX/1274)
1. The Royal Illustrated Supplement, 26 June 1896
2. Railway Souvenir Edition (commemorating the opening of the Lampeter and Aberaeron Railway), 18 March 1911
Acc.No: 2896 Date of material: 1896 and 1911 Extent: 2 items Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1274)
Paith Valley land use map (Ref: ADX/1273)
Map of Paith Valley (near Aberystwyth) showing mid-nineteenth century land use. Derived from the tithe map. Appears to be a project realized as a display panel.
Acc.No: 2895 Date of material: Extent: 1 item Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1273)
The Cardigan Bay Visitor (Ref: CBV)
Part of The Cardigan Bay Visitor of 27 September 1904. Very poor condition.
Acc.No: 2894 Date of material: 1904 Extent: 2 items Access: Open Show catalogue(CBV Editions of the Cardigan Bay Visitor) Show catalogue(AO The Aberystwyth Observer)
Grasslands conference reception seating plan (Ref: ADX/72/1/7 addl)
Draft seating plan for a reception to be attended by delegates at the Grasslands Congress on 17 July 1937
Acc.No: 2893 Date of material: 1937 Extent: 1 item Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Development of New Quay Harbour (Ref: DYC/PL/9)
Plan of proposed development of New Quay Harbour, prepared by Gotch and Partners Planning Consultants, Cardiff.
Acc.No: 2892 Date of material: c. 1970s? Extent: 1 item Access: Open Show catalogue(DYC/PL/9)
Museum collection - further items (Ref: MUS)
Museum collection - further items
Acc.No: 2891 Date of material: Extent: Access: Not yet in the catalogue
Rhydlewis and District Agricultural Society (Ref: DSO/126)
Rhydlewis and District Agricultural Society - documents relating to the ploughing match and other miscellaneous papers.
1. Minutes 1958-1986
2. Used cheque books
3. Writing pad with copies of handwritten circular letter re ploughing match in 1964.
4. Bank statements
5. Accounts book 1933-1944
6. Note book containing lists of ploughing match participants (?)
7. Address book (1964)
8. Notebook listing patrons of the 1962 ploughing match
9. Notebook listing entries into guessing competitions
10. Bills, receipts and misc. correspondence re ploughing match
11. Bills, receipts and misc. correspondence
12. Exercise book listing participants in the ploughing match (and their tractors)
13. Exercise book listing participants in the ploughing match
14. Lists of ploughing match participants
15. Balance sheets
16. Receipts for donations and thank you letters from recipients of moneys raised by the Society
17. Ploughing match officials' and patrons' badges
18. Correspondence with bank
19. Fliers for the Ploughing Match and Hedge Plashing Competition 1962 and 1964
20. Printers' price list and desings for posters etc
21. Miscellaneous correspondence, judges' addresses etc.
Acc.No: 2890 Date of material: Extent: 0.006m^3 Access: Show catalogue(DSO/126)
Blaenporth School (Ref: BLP/7; BLP/P/1)
Further records of Blaenporth Primary School
Log book 1980-1995 - BLP/7
Punishment book 1904-1962 - BLP/P/1
Acc.No: 2889 Date of material: Extent: 2 vol. Access: CLOSED for 100 yrs Not yet in the catalogue
Aberystwyth Bowling Club (Ref: DSO/125)
Records of Aberystwyth Bowling Club
Centenary plaque, framed (2007)
Acc.No: 2888 Date of material: 1981-2007 Extent: 0.024m^3 Access: Show catalogue(DSO/125)
Sales particulars for Graig Goch, Sea View Place, Aberystwyth (Ref: ADX/1272)
Lloyd Herbert & Jones Estate Agents: sales particulars for Graig Goch, Sea View Place, Aberystwyth. Includes photograph. No date - 1990s?
Acc.No: 2887 Date of material: c. 1990s Extent: 1 file Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1272)
Aberystwyth Yesterday - further items (Ref: ABY)
Large collection of posters, mostly house and estate sales but also some others; items relating to the Talking Newspaper; items relating to the Red Cross, health, nursing, hospitals etc.; greetings cards, ?Victorian and later; other miscellaneous items.
Acc.No: 2886 Date of material: 19th century onwards Extent: Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Llanilar PC & CC (Ref: Llanilar PC & CC)
Records of Llanilar Parish and Community Council
Acc.No: 2885 Date of material: Extent: Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Particular Baptists of Siloam Chapel, Verwick (Ref: ANC/66)
Bound volume: 'Llyfr Eglwys Iesu Grist or Enw Bedyddwyr Neullduol, yn cyfarfod i Addoli yn Siloam plwyf y Ferwig yn Swydd Aberteifi'
Contains lists of members (with baptism and other dates), accounts and other records of the Chapel. Records begin c. 1840.
Acc.No: 2884 Date of material: Extent: 1 volume Access: Open Show catalogue(ANC/66)
Ysgol Rhydypennau School - Cofrestri Presenoldeb/Attendance Registers (Ref: RHP/AR)
Attendance Registers (sampled)
Dosbarth Meithrin/nursery class 1999-2006
All other classes - 2000 and 2005
Acc.No: 2883 Date of material: 1999-2006 Extent: Access: CLOSED Not yet in the catalogue
Yr Angor, Perthyn, Trysorfa y Plant etc. (Ref: ADX/499)
Perthyn (Misolyn Capel y Morfa) rh. 198 (Gorff. 2011) (ADX/499/A)
Capel y Morfa, Aberystwyth ac Ebeneser, Penparcau: Adroddiad 2009 a 2010 (ADX/499/B)
Yr Angor, rh. 328 (Gorff. 2010)
Rhaglen/Programme: Bethania Chapel, Cardigan: Handel's Messiah, to be performed on Wed. 23 February 1949 by the Cardigan and District Choral Society
Rhaglen Cymanfa Gerddorol, Capel Tabernacl, 18 Tachwedd 1990
Almanac y Cymro am 1934
Trysorfa y Plant am 1895
Trysorfa y Plant rh. 183 (Mawrth 1877) a rh. 320 (Awst 1888)
Y Drysorfa, rh. 989 (Mawrth 1913)
Seren yr Ysgol Sul, rh. 407 (Tachwedd 1928)
Cymru'r Plant, Rhagfyr 1938
The Royal Heritage - an 'interactive family tree' published to commemorate the marriage of Charles and Diana in 1981.
Acc.No: 2882 Date of material: Extent: Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Orders made under the Light Railways Act 1896 (Ref: ADX/1271)
1. Vale of Rheidol Light Railway (Amendment) Order, 1902. Order [...] authorising the construction and working as a Light Railway under the Light Railways Act, 1896, of the Railway authorised by the Vale of Rheidol (Light) Railway Act, 1897, and amending the Vale of Rheidol Light Railway (Aberayron Extension) Order, 1897. HMSO, 1902.
2. Lampeter Aberayron and New Quay Railway Order 1906. Order [...] authorising the construction of a Light Railway in the County of Cardigan, from Lampeter to Aberayron and to New Quay. HMSO 1907
Acc.No: 2881 Date of material: 1902 and 1907 Extent: 1 file Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1271)
Rheidol Hydro-Electric Scheme (Ref: Hydro/4)
2 maps (OS 6'' composite and copy) showing the Nant-y-moch dam and reservoir as well as nearby infrastructure to be constructed or improved.
Acc.No: 2880 Date of material: Extent: 2 items Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Porthkerry, Maenygroes, Newquay (Ref: ADX/1270)
Ground plan of Porthkerry, Maenygroes, Newquay, on reverse of 2nd ed. 6'' OS map (Cards. sheet XLV NE)
Acc.No: 2879 Date of material: map 1906, house plan unknown. Extent: 1 item Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1270)
Llwyndyrys estate and Gelly Bridge farm (Ref: ADX/1269)
Estate sale catalogue plan of sale lots on Llwyndyrys (Llwynduris) estate, p. Llandygwydd (sale to be held on 22 June 1940)
Building plan for a proposed farmstead at University of Wales Gelly Bridge Farm, Clynderwen on reverse.
Acc.No: 2878 Date of material: 1940 Extent: 1 itema Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1269)
Ploughing match poster (Ref: ADX/1268)
Poster for a ploughing match to be held at Dihewyd on 12 February 1935
Acc.No: 2877 Date of material: 1935 Extent: 1 item Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1268)
Large scale maps, South Ceredigion (Ref: ADX/1267)
Large scale modern maps of Lampeter, Aberaeron and Cardigan
Acc.No: 2876 Date of material: Extent: 1 roll Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1267)
Welsh Film Festival and other material (Ref: CDD/MUS/5)
Material relating to the Welsh International Film Festival in the 1990s, held at Ceredigion Museum. Also other items relating to the Museum and projects and events held there.
Acc.No: 2875 Date of material: 1980s-90s Extent: 0.022m^3 Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Cardiganshire Joint Planning Committee: 'original plotting sheets' (Ref: CDC/PL/13)
Set of annotated 6" to 1 mile OS maps showing locations and references of planning applications. (Contains note: ĎAll Information Replotted onto 1905 Ed. 1:2500'sí)
Acc.No: 2874 Date of material: n.d. [pre 1974] Extent: Access: Open Show catalogue(CDC/PL/13)
Maps of Aberaeron (Ref: CDC/PL/12)
Enlarged sections of 25'' OS maps of Aberayron with later buildings added on
Acc.No: 2873 Date of material: Extent: 1 roll Access: Open Show catalogue(CDC/PL/12)
Aberystwyth ward boundaries (Ref: ABM/HI/5/91)
OS maps showing boundaries of Borough of Aberystwyth wards
Acc.No: 2872 Date of material: Extent: 1 roll Access: Open Show catalogue(ABM)
King's Hall development plans (Ref: DYC/PL/8)
Plans for a proposed development of the King's Hall site drawn by Holder Mathias Alcock architects.
Acc.No: 2871 Date of material: post-1988 Extent: 1 roll Access: Open Show catalogue(DYC/PL/8)
Maps and plan (Ref: ABM/HI/5/90)
Borough of Aberystwyth, Borough Engineer's Dept.
1. Plan of Park Avenue development, Aberystwyth. 1970
2-4. maps of Aberystwyth enlarged from OS maps.
Acc.No: 2870 Date of material: c. 1970 Extent: 1 roll Access: Open Show catalogue(ABM)
Various planning maps (Ref: CDD/PL/9)
1. Cards. CC county map showing woodlands, SSSIs, nature reserves etc. 1964.
2. Cards. CC Town & Country Planning Act 1947 development map of the county showing exisiting and proposed developments.
3. Cards. CC Town & Country Planning Act 1947 development map of Aberystwyth showing exisiting and proposed developments
4. Cards. CC Town & Country Planning Act 1947 development map of Lampeter showing exisiting and proposed developments.
5. Cards. CC Town & Country Planning Act 1947 development map of Cardigan showing exisiting and proposed developments.
6. Ceredigion District Council map of Aberystwyth showing the proposed Park Avenue development and possible land uses. 1985.
7. Map of Aberystwyth showing varuious proposed works and development. Apparently contemporary with no. 6, above.
8. Map of Aberystwyth with various sites and areas (presumably for development) highlighted in felt-tip pen. Apparently contemporary with nos. 6 & 7, above.
Acc.No: 2869 Date of material: Extent: 0.028m^3 Access: Not yet in the catalogue
County and parliamentary boundaries (Ref: DYC/SE/7)
1. Map showing administrative and parliamentary boundaries of Dyfed, Northern part (5 copies)
2. Map showing administrative and parliamentary boundaries of Dyfed, West part
3. Map showing existing and proposed administrative boundaries in Dyfed
4. Map showing Dyfed (North part) boundaries of the county, district, communities and the parliamentary constituency revised to 1 March 1974
5. Map showing county, borough, urban and rural district, and parish boundaries of Cardiganshire revised to 1 October 1971. 2 copies, one with greater level of detail.
6. Tracing of map of Cardiganshire showing 'existing boundaries'
7. Map showing European parliamentary constituencies of Great Britain.
8. Map showing proposed European Assembly constituencies for Wales
9. European Assembly Elections Act 1978 (2 copies, English and Welsh)
10. Boundaries map of new Welsh counties and districts and typescript lists of above post 1974 reorganization
11. Map of administrative areas in Wales (shows counties, districts, communities, excepted boroughs, grouped communities and communities without council)
Acc.No: 2868 Date of material: 1971-1978 approx. Extent: 0.028m^3 Access: Open Show catalogue(DYC/SE/7)
Ceredigion District Council Harbour Development plans (Ref: CDD/PL/8)
Ceredigion District Council Harbour Development plans (improvements to the gap)
Acc.No: 2867 Date of material: Extent: 1 roll Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Aberystwyth development plans (Ref: DYC/PL/7)
Plans for a shopping development adjoining Aberystwyth Train station and incorporating the Old Welsh School. Drawn by the Hoggett + Dewhirst Partnership, London and Cardiff
Acc.No: 2866 Date of material: pre-1995 Extent: 0.038m^3 Access: Open Show catalogue(DYC/PL/7)
View of Aberystwyth (Ref: ADX/1266)
Photocopy of an early 19th c. view of Aberystwyth
Acc.No: 2865 Date of material: Extent: 1 item Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1266)
Tai Ceredigion Housing (Ref: CDD/SE/20)
Tai Ceredigion Housing, 1976 Report
Acc.No: 2864 Date of material: 1976 Extent: 1 item Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Ceredigion County Council Health and Safety Newsletters (Ref: CSC/CE/13)
Ceredigion County Council Health and Safety Newsletters, issues 1 and 2 (1997)
Acc.No: 2863 Date of material: 1997 Extent: 1 envolope Access: Show catalogue(CSC/CE/12)
Poor Law Institutions regulations boards (Ref: CBG/AB/80)
Rules and regulations displayed in Poor Law Institutions (workhouses) - presumably from Aberystwyth Workhouse (see 2, below)
1. Bath Regulations
2. Aberystwyth Union Dietary for Sick Inmates
3. Poor Law Institution Regulations
Acc.No: 2862 Date of material: post-1913 Extent: Access: Open Show catalogue(CBG)
Highmead School plans (Ref: CDC/ED/2/8)
Plans of 'Highmead School for Sub-normal Children', Llanybydder, showing the proposed conversion of Highmead mansion. Drawn by G.R. Bruce, County Architect.
Acc.No: 2861 Date of material: 1964 Extent: 0.028m^3 Access: Open Show catalogue(CDC/ED/2)
Aberystwyth Borough, Surveyor's Dept. records (Ref: ABM/HI/ various)
Specifications of work to be done on exisiting properties, specifications for new houses, assorted associated paperwork.
Acc.No: 2860 Date of material: 1920s-1930s Extent: Access: Open Show catalogue(ABM)
Aberystwyth water supply (Ref: ABM/HI/5/94)
Plans for waterworks and a reservoir in Cardiganshire, and Birmingham Corporation plans and sections (involving water from Wales, incl. Cards.)
Acc.No: 2859 Date of material: Extent: 0.038m^3 Access: Show catalogue(ABM)
Common Land maps (Ref: DYC/PL/6)
Folders containing maps of common lands in Cardiganshire
1. CL 1-2
2. CL 3-6
Acc.No: 2858 Date of material: Extent: 2 files Access: Open Show catalogue(DYC/PL/6)
Displaying latest 293 to 342 of 3191 records. Show all records